Richie watched the sun crest over the buildings that lined the street facing his bedroom window. He hadn’t slept more than a few minutes the entire night. Each time Elena had shifted against him he woke, curling her closer to him. Not to mention each time he closed his eyes he saw that guy…
Shutting his eyes he ground his molars together. He was faceless in his dreams. He couldn’t understand that. Hell, he’d lifted the guy nearly two feet off the ground. The rage had been so absolute that if Elena hadn’t gotten through to him…Richie swallowed thickly. He wasn’t entirely sure he could have stopped before he’d done irreparable damage. In fact, if he was honest with himself, he probably would have killed him.
His fingers slid over her silky shoulders. During the night, she’d been so restless, he’d helped her undress. Needing the skin to skin contact, he’d welcomed the intimacy and the softness. The raw edges were there again, just like before. He’d been stupid to believe she was really over it.
He’d wanted her to be okay so badly maybe…Maybe he’d forced her into pretending for him. “Oh, Lains,” he whispered.
She shifted against him, her nose pressing into his chest as she murmured quietly; her eyes finally fluttering open.She inhaled deeply and let the scent of him drive the memories and dreams away. It was the one thing could almost hold the hounds of hell at bay. "Morning Pony," she whispered; her voice husky and soft with sleep.
"Hey," he lifted his head and shoulders up, curling his arms around her. "How you feelin', darlin'"
She pressed a soft kiss to the mid of his chest and managed a smile. "With you here? I’m good. I'm warm, I'm safe. Girl can't ask for much more, well except for a morning kiss."
She tilted her head upwards and studied the near paleness beneath his tan. "Dunno bout you though. How you holding up big guy?"
Leaning in, he pressed a gentle kiss on her mouth. "Scared spitless," he said with a slight crack to his voice. Dragging her up and closer to him, he crossed his arms around her lower back until her chin was tucked into his shoulder.
She pressed a light kiss to his Adam's apple and sighed. "I can imagine. I was a mess last night huh? "
He cleared his throat and dragged in her scent to calm him. Smoothing his fingers over her hair, he shifted her until she was settled on his chest and facing him. When she propped her chin on her folded hands he met her reluctant gaze. "The only time I've ever been more scared is when I found you-" he cleared his throat again, "when I found you being attacked."
"But you saved me baby remember? It was bad sure, but not as bad as it could of been." She studied him quietly a moment before continuing. "If you hadn't been there it could have been so much worse, but you kept your word, you found me, you stopped things from happening."
She closed her eyes a moment and pushed down the little thread of fear that threatened. "I can't say it won’t happen again, a skanky lil guy startled me, brought the memory up and I didn't deal too well with it, but you were there again. YOU and your strength pulled me back. Cuz of that I can carry on, and keep living. I have something worth doing that for." She leaned forward to press her lips against his lips before whispering, "I won't let that one moment make either of us a victim."
Sitting up he curled her into his lap, reassured by the feel of her in his arms. Cupping her face in his hands he leaned in. "You're the strongest woman I know, but seeing you so afraid...so lost." He pressed his forehead to hers. "God, Lains...It tore me up. If anything ever happened to you, if I lost you..." he let out a shaky breath.
She wrapped her arms around him and pressed tightly to him. "You won't lose me. I promise, but don't let me lose you either. Don't let what happened change how we are. I need you Pony, you're the very air I breathe. I need you, only you. Your love, your kisses, your.. well everything," She grinned slightly, "is what makes it all ok. "
He slid his hand along her back, up the fragile line of her spine until his fingers got lost in the cool thickness of her hair. "I love you, Lains. I'm not going to lie, those few minutes in that," he paused and swallowed hard as the memories flashed. "That hallway did change us." When she opened her mouth to speak, he shushed her with a gentle kiss. "It made you even more precious to me. Made any doubts about our future vanish. I'm yours darlin'. All yours. Whatever it takes to get you past this, we'll do it."
She shivered as his hands roamed over her spine, and closed her eyes reveling in the sensation for a moment before speaking. "All I need is for you to treat me normal and not like a porcelain doll. Keep loving me; making love to me; just keep life normal. That more than anything will get me past things; get US past things." She smiled as she looked into the brown eyes she held dear. Can ya handle that Pony?"
"I can handle anything as long as you're here with me," he said and dipped lower to catch her lips in a soft kiss. "I'll love you the best way I know how," he said and widened his palms along her back, letting his thumbs brush along the sides of each breast.
Turning with her, he laid her onto their bed and savored the softness of her skin against his. Letting his thumbs curve in, he followed the slope of each breast until he found the peak in the center, gently circling them until she arched under his touch. "Loving you is what I do best, after all." He lowered his lips to catch a nipple in his mouth and sucked lightly.
She arched slightly and gasped out on a laugh, "Well that and playing a damn mean guitar." Her hands slid along his back to cup his ass. "But I love the way you love me best."
Crawling up on her until she opened for him, her thighs welcoming him, he eased inside, sighing softly as she curled around him from arms to ankles and took him deep. The connection there, waiting for them.
He kissed her, their smiles lingering as he set the pace with long slow strokes. He needed to reach each and every part of her and wrap himself inside of her, around her...until they were one.
She pressed kisses along his jaw to his chin and back again to his lips, her tongue tracing her special brand of fire along each inch. Soft whimpers slowly grew to moans as she rose to meet his languid thrusts, her body in perfect harmony and time to his. Slender fingers brushed lightly over his arms then along his sides keeping every part of her touching him in some way.
The ride was slow and the pleasure immeasurable as he soothed and let himself be soothed by her touch. His left hand found hers, lacing their fingers until their rings clinked lightly and his kiss lingered.
She lost herself in the heat and warmth that his touch inspired as softly whimpered gasps whispered from her lips. Her slender legs tightened around his waist as she writhed beneath him. Time ceased to exist as she felt his soul connect again to hers, as her need rose in answer to his.
He wanted it to last, the way they fit together so perfectly and the way they were so in tune with each other, but the fear and the worry had taken so much out of him. And when he felt her squeeze him so tightly, inside and out he let himself go, pouring all he had into her.
She gasped softly, her arms wrapping tightly to him, pulling him down to rest on her shoulder as her fingers slid through his hair gently. "Sweet Pony, God how I love you."
He propped himself up on his elbows, letting his lips linger on hers, drawing out the closeness and the kisses until he could meet her eyes. "I love you too, Lains. More than I thought was even possible and I swear it gets stronger every day." He leaned back down and kissed her neck. "Somehow I think I was the only one who got the full benefits of that little interlude."
She reached up and flicked his nose gently. "Silly, you give me so much, I enjoyed every moment, and I'm quite sure we'll have more of those blistering moments in our life. I think I can handle simple and sweet once in awhile." She winked as she heard his belly growl. "I think someone's hungry, and we have no mangos, or do we?" She laughed softly as she watched his eyes almost sparkle at the shared memory.
"Hell, babe. I doubt we have even Cheerios in the house, let alone mangos." He sat up and stretched. "Not to mention that we've got explaining to do. I swear Kate was close to flaying me alive last night."
She sat up slowly and wrapped her arms around him again, "Good thing I hate Cheerios babe. Now why'd she wanna flay you? Not like you caused what happened."
"Lains, she doesn't know that. I didn't tell her a thing last night." He rubbed her back slowly. "Are you up to telling her? I don't think she'll accept anything but the full story."
She huffed out slowly, the air ruffling her bangs slightly. "Hell you'll have to or me one, Kate wanting info? It’s like a big sassy pitbull with a bone."
"Yeah well, I don't think I want to be any part of the bone she's going to chew on." He grinned. "Or do I?"
Elena twisted slightly and landed in his lap, "Baby the only one chewing your bone is gonna be me." She grinned slightly then tilted her head. "I seem to be missing clothing though, so once again I think I need to borrow that tee-shirt."
"Man, you're going to make boob-prints in my favorite T-shirt," he groused as he threw a grin over his shoulder. "Of course it's okay if there's no bra."
"You got a deal husband of mine. I'll even forgo the panties, and only you will know what’s under Lennon." She couldn’t keep back the husky laugh that followed.
"Well hell, now I gotta find you pants too. Jonny'll be trying to look up your shirt." He rummaged into the drawer and found a pair of running shorts. "Here you go, this is the smallest thing I own."
She arched a brow at the shorts and shook her head. "You better hope that drawstring is strong babe." She stood and took the shorts and slipped into them nearly falling over with laughter as she tried to tie them tight enough only to have them slide half way down her hips. Pulling the Lennon over her head she snorted. "It will just have to do."
"Eh, they'll be off as soon as we get back in here anyway," he said with a waggle of eyebrows.
She grinned and nodded. "Damn straight." She only hoped she could hold onto them til then.

No comments:
Post a Comment