Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chapter 63

She turned over in her lounge chair, grinning at her fast asleep, bronzed sex god in the chair beside her. A perma-grin was her favorite accessory lately. Memories of the night before just kept that grin in place even more. Stunning love making and tequila that had them, even now, sated and drowsy could be part of that grin. Or, it could be their little poolside balcony that overlooked a vista that belonged in a postcard.

Man, Kate would love this place. Her eyes widened. "Kate! I forgot to tell her I was leaving for two weeks." Shit.

Standing up she rushed into their little slice of Caribbean heaven, grabbed a pen and some of the hotel paper off the little secretary desk before wandering back out to her lounge chair. Bending as she passed Richie, she pressed a quick kiss between his shoulders and laid back on her belly, propping the paper on the chair before her.


Katydid,

Hiya Girl! How's it going up there in chilly New York? By now I guess you've figured out I've vanished, huh? Sorry ‘bout forgetting to tell you, but when the chance to spend a few days alone with Richie came up—well, I sorta just went for it.

I mean hell, Tall Dark and Beachified or cold blustery New York? Do the math girl!

He rented a private villa, can you believe it? Soleil Brilliant it’s called, ((yeah they name their houses haha)) and it is brilliant with its whitewashed walls and bright drapes. It’s a small—very nice—white stucco beach villa with one bedroom and one bath. It has its own terrace and pool to. That’s where we are right this moment instead of sunning on the beach—which so totally works for me, Katydid, you know how I hate tan lines.

The furnishing is very understated, but you can tell it’s not cheap stuff. It’s that Caribbean dark wicker stuff. The bed is draped in netting which is both functional and romantic.



She chewed on the end of her pen, grinning as she thought about the netting. How to word that without sounding ridiculous?


Well it’s usually romantic unless a very long legged man manages to get his foot twisted in it during a rather excitable moment, then you just end up on the floor in a fit of giggles.

Being here is…well hell, it’s just relaxing. We spend long hot days just catching the sun, sightseeing and talking about everything. That makes the days full and fun, but they almost don’t compare to…well, the long, long nights filled with tall dark yummy goodness. There’s lots of that yummy goodness. All Richie flavored and totally addicting let me tell you.

The best thing is I haven’t had to cook. Not even once! ((you know I hate cooking)) Oh My God! The food, Kate! You'd die and go to heaven, everything just tastes better here. They have these things that look like bananas ((he called them plantains)) that seem to be in a lot of the dishes, along with ackee and jackfruit. The man loves playing with his food ((NO I'm not going write down how he plays with it. I know your dirty mind, you can figure that out.)) The seafood here is just excellent, or maybe it’s just excellent because I'm too busy laughing at his antics to actually taste what I'm eating! We either eat out or Richie cooks something. Between his Polish and Italian heritages it’s amazing I haven’t gained twenty pounds since we’ve been here! But then again, he’s kept me busy and well exercised. ((yeah and I don’t mean jumping jacks girlfriend))

Well, I had to take this time to share all this beauty with my favorite gir,l right? I thought of you and wanted to write you and let you know that it’s just totally wonderful here. The water is so blue, so clear, you could stare at it for days and never see the same blue twice. ((Almost reminds me of Moptop’s eyes when he’s got that smirk thing going on.)) The sun is bright and it’s a nice kind of warm—not humid or sticky, but just right. And there are so many palm trees—not worth a damn shade wise—but they are beautiful.



Elena paused in her writing a few moments, glancing over at Richie sleeping off the effects of the night before. Her perma-grin now a full-fledged grin. He was just too adorable with his ass sticking up to the sun, his face pillowed on his arm. She giggled and wondered how many would pay a small fortune just to see that sight. And from now on only she’d be seeing that particular gorgeous sight. Forcing her concentration back on the letter she started again.

It’s been amazing, these last few days, sister girl. And now that my brain’s sorta back in gear ((He's asleep right now matter of fact, all naked and bronze on the lounge chair beside me))it was the perfect time to grab a few minutes to write you and let you know I'm OK. I would’ve written sooner, but the first two or three days pen and paper was NOT on my mind. ((Oh girl he's just…well he's just that good. Good? Damn he's better than good. He's well—awesome, terrific, and orgasmic come to mind.))

Anyhows…Onto more serious things, I guess. I know you think I'm crazy, but then when haven't I been? I go by my feelings. I’ve always been spontaneous, so even though I know you think I'm nuts for letting him back into my life, and well…back into my bed so quickly, it was something I just had to do you know? It was right—so totally right.

When he got all weird that morning, it threw me for a loop and I acted so stupid for those two weeks. Girl I’m so sorry for what I put you through those days. Thank you so much for sticking by me.

You know Richie had it bad too? He never expected what he got ((No one does when it comes to me, right girl?)) I just know that from all he’s told me, he had a very bad two weeks. He drove Jon as nuts as I drove you. After all he’s been through ((being a rock star might be good work but it lends itself to some major pain too.)) I know you have issues with what happened girlfriend, but just know I’m really happy right now. ((So happy I totally forgot to let you know I was leaving for two weeks.))

He told me he loves me though—and you know—I love him right back. When it's right girlfriend, it’s just right. I wish you could be here enjoying the sun. You really need a break from all that mayhem at the hospital. And one day soon we'll have to do the beach thing for ourselves. Have to admit though…watching his bare ass might be just a tad bit more fun than watching yours. ((haha ok you so know I love you girl, but damn he's just gorgeous!))

He's wonderful down to his bones, Kate. He's deep. We talk about so many things, ((see it’s not just about the sex, although that is mind blowing in of itself)) he blows my mind with all the things he can talk about too. ((Am I waxing poetic? I am, aren't I? You want me to shut up now, I can hear you, "Shut up with the Richie Lain!" haha))

We're here for another week or so. Then I'll be back home and back to semi boring life again. Have to look for a job now that school's out for me. Life won’t be totally boring. I seem to have acquired this guy whose more entertaining than any frat party could be. ((who would have thought that, sister?))

I better let you go. Again I'm sorry for forgetting to let you know about leaving. The only excuse I have is I was so caught up in that moment with Richie I just plumb forgot.

See you soon Katydid, try to have some fun while I'm gone.


Love you.


Elena signed her name as usual, with the small heart as a flourish beside her name, and started to re-read it, making sure she left nothing out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, cute and funny! What a nice idea to let Elena tell how she's been.
But...is it Friday yet???

Anonymous said...

I it Friday yet?! I can't wait to read the next chapter.
Keep it comin'!!

Anonymous said...

we are joing crazy waiting for katy and jons date!!!! please help

Thank you for Stopping By

  © Blogger template Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP