"Mm, I like how you think Pony. So you liked the flowers?? Remind me to explain what they mean, once I can think again," she mumbled. Damn, just his voice had her heating up, she thought, kicking the covers from her body.
“Just what are you doing over there?"
"I’m sooo hot I had to kick my covers off. See what you did?" She laughed softly.
"How hot?” His voice lowered. “Touch and tell me everything. Do you feel like the periwinkle flower you sent me? Soft and pretty to remind me that you want to be with me?"
She groaned. "Drippingly hot. More like the yellow and orange roses."
He cleared his throat and remembered it meant passion, then pictured her writhing beneath his mouth right before he’d left. She'd been dripping that night too and he'd enjoyed every single drop. "I remember your taste, it's sweet like honey and makes me so hard I can't do anything but recreate songs in my head to get my mind off you. I've played every night until my fingers are numb, you know."
"That so?" She breathed into the phone, "I Just curl up to the pillow that has your scent on it. Kate teases me because I won’t wash the pillow case, but it’s all I have of you right now. I ache to feel you on me or in me or..." her voice trailed off into a small gasp, as her fingers wandered over her body, "My hands just don’t do the trick anymore."
He closed his eyes on that thought and willed his dick to go back down. There's no way he could walk back into that room in the state he was in. "You're killing me over here. If I was alone I'd have already finished myself off."
She groaned, the picture of his big strong body filling her mind. "Can it be tomorrow now?"
"I'd trade ten million record sales for that," he muttered.
"Richie, it’s so cold in this bed. I miss my heater. I think I’ve gone and gotten addicted to you, sad isn’t it?" She whispered softer, "you gotta hurry back, my bed needs christening."
"If we make it to the bed," he said with on a low moan. "Meet me at the airport and I'll make it sooner."
She giggled. "Which airport and what time?"
"JFK, and come alone for fuck's sake. I need you."
"Kate’s working a double anyhow. What time?" She grinned into the phone imagining his long body in her small mustang.
"Hell, pack a bag and we'll hop a flight from there to St. Maarten. I'll buy what I need when I get there. I'll call you from the air when we're close."
"I'll do that." She smiled into the phone. "And a bag full of really skimpy things."
"Don't describe them, please...I'm begging here. I just got Mr. Longfellow under semi-control."
She laughed long slow and sweet, "Your imagination is probably worse than what I could describe."
"You're probably right, Lains, just make sure some of it’s purple. It's my favorite color."
"Purple it is." She yawned, her eyes drooping. "Richie?"
"Yes?"
"Make it tomorrow," her voice was whisper soft as she smiled into the phone. "Don't want to wait."
"Well, you can sleep through some of it. Dream of me, then shop and think of me with dirty thoughts," he said with a chuckle.
"I can do that." She smiled for no reason. "Now go thump that David guy in the head for me, huh? So I don’t have to do it when I see him the first time?" She giggled, wondering if that silly guy had asked Moptop her question.
"Don't you worry. David's getting a big size thirteen boot up his ass as soon as I see him." His voice gentled. "Sleep well, and you'll see me before you know it."
"You too." She breathed out on a sigh, “bye Richie."
"Bye, Sweetheart." He opened the door and untwined the rapidly twirling cord that had been stretched to an inch of its life. The room was quiet as he righted the phone. "What?"
Jon glanced over at his friend. "So, how’re the home fires burning, bro?"
"Hot and sweet," he said and grabbed a cold pancake off the tray, eating it like toast. He waggled his brows and fixed himself a mug of coffee. "Are you done talking about me now?"
Teek grinned. "David here hasn't stopped running his fuckin’ mouth."
Dave grinned. "Jonny told me your little friend," he said with air quotes, "is a little toughie."
Teek gave Richie a long, measuring look. "Tell us about this best kept secret, Rich."
He shrugged, "Not much I can tell you that won't compromise the little woman," he laughed with the dirty laugh they all knew so well. "We," he clamped a hand over Jon's shoulder, "met these two girls in Asbury Park while we were moggin’ around out there a few weeks ago."
Teek leaned back and wrapped his hand around a mug of coffee. "And?"
"She's had me a mess for about two weeks and I finally got things straightened out just before we came to London."
Jon grinned, "Man, mess isn’t the word for it. She's this tiny little stick, got a gorgeous redheaded friend that’s a doctor."
"She's no stick, just tiny as Jonny likes to call her Teensy. She of course has to make fun of the hair so they just fight like girls.” He smiled wide. “She's soft in all the right spots and that's all that matters, right?"
Jon grinned, "Told you Bro, you got no taste in women. Now her friend is the real prize, course she’s got this thing about scalpels, " He looked at Richie grinning, "Even threatened your boys at one point."
Teek's grin widened. "Well, when do we get to meet this little woman that can toss you on your back, Jonny?"
Richie laughed. "He fessed up about that? I'm impressed. Kate's still ready to string me up, but I'll win her over."
"Kate must be the redhead?" Teek looked at Jon and noticed a faint flush creeping into his cheeks.
"Sorry," Richie grinned. "Elena's the one that currently has my heart in the big squeeze. Kate is her friend and she has that one,” he pointed at Jon with his coffee cup, “in a bit of a knot. He can't get anywhere though. He just doesn't have the touch like I do."
"Well hopefully you didn't have the touch in the bathroom while we were out here, you stud." Dave said.
"Just taking my time with this one is all," Jon muttered.
Teek watched Jon, waiting on his answer. "Seems you’re a bit twisted in knots too, Jonny boy."
"Taking your time my ass," Richie said and grabbed another cold pancake. "She's got him firmly in the friend zone."
Jon grabbed a strawberry and threw it at Richie's head. "That’s how it all starts man."
He ducked. "It starts naked or you get tossed in the friend zone." He pointed with his pancake. "You, my friend, are not getting naked any time soon."
"At least not with Kate," Dave said.
Jon’s brow arched, "Naked did occur man, or did two weeks in the bottle make you forget?" His grin slid over his face, ok so he didn’t REMEMBER it all, but hey they were naked that morning.
Richie inwardly winced. He'd forgotten about the joke they'd played on them. "Doesn't count unless all involved remember at least insertion," Richie said with an evil laugh.
Teek took a gulp of hot coffee and nearly choked, "Ok boys, that’s enough. So tell me Richie, when do we meet this lady?"
"Tomorrow, she's going to meet me at JFK when we get in. We're skipping on the next plane to the Caribbean for two weeks."
Teek nodded and lit a cigarette. "You know we have to approve of her."
"Just be careful. She has this ability to make men do whatever she wants. It's scary."
Teek shook his head, amusement clear in his dark eyes. "Well I admit I can’t wait to see the little lady."
"You and me both, bro...you and me both." He flopped onto the couch and folded his long fingers over his belly. "Tell me we're almost done with interviews?" he asked the room as a whole. "I don't know how much nice guy I have in me today. I'm ready to go home."
The phone shrilled as only a London phone could and Jon picked up the receiver. He talked for a minute before hanging up the phone then turned to grin at Richie. "Looks like you got your wish man."
"What, that it's magically tomorrow?"
Jon grinned at his friends, "No but the interview for today has been cancelled, they'll catch us in November. Reporter came down with the flu or something. We can go home today boys."
Richie stood up and went straight for his suitcase and flipped it open. "Don't have to tell me twice."
The whole room laughed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment