**yes i know its been forever since I've updated, but for the last while I've been withough computer or net.. Finally got it all back together again so thanks for "keeping the faith" ((lol couldn't resist))
Onward to the next chapter!!
_______________________________
Kate zipped the blinds open in her room. Unfortunately Jon was onto her early morning ritual and had the pillow over his face already. She sat on his feet, laughing when he wiggled his toes, finding the rips in her favorite pair of jeans. "I knew you were awake." She crawled up the twisted sheets, nipping at the taught skin of his side. "C'mon. Rise and shine. It's a field trip day."
He slid the pillow slightly to uncover one eye and growled. "Wanna sleep. I travel enough Katy."
"Aww c'mon. If you're good Dr. Kate will even give you a lollipop." She brushed her nose over the soft fur of his belly. "I want you to meet my boss today, babe."
The growl turned into a moan as the touch of her nose over his belly had other ideas waking up. "Kinda like it just like this."
His hands zipped down to burrow into the morning sunshine of her hair as all thoughts of bosses, doctor's and procedures vanished. All he saw and felt was the soft of her lips teasing him. "Ya sure we can't do that later?"
Her lips quirked as the sheet shifted under her jawline, the smooth tip of his cock brushed her cheek. "Hmm...there's a pretty unromantic explanation for this lovely little morning hard on thing--I won't ruin it for you," she laughed as his lower lip jutted out.
"God, you look about 14 when you do that. How am I supposed to take care of business when you look like a teenager?"
"Keep that up and I'll show you just what this teenager can do babe."
She looked down at the little tent in the sheet and lightly grazed her teeth over the sheet. He lengthened and firmed as she leaned forward, pressing her breasts into his thighs. "Hmm...doesn't seem like a teenager."
His eyes slammed shut at the feel of her teeth. "Whatcha tryin' to do Katy? Kill me slow here?"
She looked up at him, her hair falling in her face, spreading across his belly. She'd blown it out straight for the day, so it was longer than normal. She crawled up higher, trailing her tongue over the ripples in his abs, the white hot tip of his nipple and squeaked when his knee popped up to rub against the seam of her jeans.
She laughed as she curled the tip of her tongue around the tip of his nipple and pressed down on his knee. "That's a new way to get me off, Jonny."
His hand slipped over to brush over that elusive spot on her jeans. "I'm industrious didn't ya know?"
He almost growled at the little hitch in her breath, his grin growing as he brushed over the spot again. "We can be late, rockstars are always late."
She groaned, wiggling up and away from his hand. "Yes, but doctors don't get to be late, especially when she's getting a favor from her boss." She cradled his jaw with her hand and stared down at him. His eyes were still tired, but had lost that dangerous edge of exhaustion.
The purple bruises under his eyes had faded with a good twelve hours of sleep...well, so they were broken into two six hour shots, but beggars couldn't be choosers when it came to sleep and a rockstar. Nor, the horny doctor he'd left home waiting for him.
Sex and sleep and naked Chinese takeout had been a splendid way to start off his visit, but she wanted Dr. Davis to take a look at the injection site. She'd started a clinical trial workup that would be amazing for her career, but she wouldn't use Jon as a guinea pig. Not unless it was actually doing some good.
He grunted as her elbow connected with his side as she moved away. "Okay dammit I'll get up, under protest."
He slid from the bed and strode to the bathroom door, grumbling under her breath about bossy girlfriends who were doctors with bosses. Just before slipping into the bathroom for a wake up shower he turned. "You sure this is gonna work right?"
It still worried him. The first shot had done wonders, but he was concerned about the damage to his throat, and he was somewhere deep inside afraid it wouldn't work.
She smiled and followed him into the bathroom, leaning against the door jamb. "Well, it's still in the infancy stage, but you did tell me that you had some improvement with your vocal range."
He stuck his head under the spray of water and groused loudly, "Well I didn't walk around for a few weeks feeling like I had sand paper for vocal chords."
She went back into her bedroom and snagged the notebook with her research in and noted that. Bringing it with her, she decided a few more questions--while he was feeling cooperative--would be a good idea. "I know I'm stupid just asking this question, but have you cut the interviews down at all to save your voice?"
He scrubbed shampoo into his hair and winced. He was supposed to, she'd asked him too, but it had been impossible to do. "I tried Kate. Really."
"Yeah, I know--it was a vain hope. I'm not trying to bust your balls, I just want to try and get you through the rest of the tour. Maybe if you could remind Doc of that sometimes..." she trailed off, knowing she was pretty much asking Jon to spout lottery numbers. The odds were about the friggin' same.
He stepped from the shower, his hand reaching for a towel. "I work hard, I play hard Kate. Dunno how to change that now."
He towel dried his hair leaving the curls fluffed and wet at the same time. She stepped forward and pushed a lock out of his eyes. "I know. I don't exactly get to play as much as you do, but I understand the exhaustion." She stood on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his. "Just try," she lingered on his mouth. It really was her favorite feature on him. She never tired of kissing him. "For me," she sighed into his mouth. "But don't lie--if you can't, you can't. I'll need the info for my data."
He winced at the tone in her voice and knew he couldn't refuse her. "Okay Katy, I'll try, but you gotta promise me one thing babe."
He just hoped when she asked what he could get the words out without being slapped. Damn if her being a doctor didn't take the candy coating off her kisses every time. "Just one thing."
She pushed his hair out of his face, winding her arms around his neck. "And what might that one thing be?"
He pulled her in closer, his lips brushing over her ear gently to take a bit of the sting from his request. "Can I have a bit of Kate time that's not mama Kate or doctor Kate?? Wanna have fun with you, not spend all my time here being poked and prodded okay?"
She forced herself not to stiffen against him. He was right--she was micro-managing most of his time lately. "Tell you what...after the exam with Michael--Dr. Davis," she corrected when his eyebrow quirked in question. "I won't mention your job, my job or anything but stupid girlfriend-like questions about embarrassing moments from your past. How's that?"
A grin slid onto his lips as what he'd been waiting for, for months, finally happened. He'd been waiting for months for that exchange of info and she'd just handed it too him. "Ya only get to ask me embarrassing questions if i get to do the same Katy."
His lips brushed over hers, his hands sliding down her back to soothe the sudden tenseness away. "I want more barbecue stories you know."
She wasn't exactly unwilling to talk about her life in Georgia, but...well, she didn't ever really have cause to do it before. In Med school the focus was on getting through school and into an Internship. No one cared who and where she came from. The cared about how she did on labs, if she was fit to deal with a patient and not kill them.
This whole having a man want to know the nitty gritty details of her--well, it was just downright weird. "I have plenty of bedtime stories...if you want to be put in a coma."
"Nothing bout you is boring Katy. "
He winked then turned to move into the bedroom and stepped back into the jeans he'd left on the chair the night before. "Remind me to make a pit stop after the hospital? King and his bride may have come up with an ingenious kidnap plan but they forgot things too."
She grabbed her bag, tucking the notebook in her knapsack. "What? That your jeans are going to walk without you if you wear them one more time? I do have a washer you know."
He glanced up, his eyes wide. "You do laundry?"
"I'm not one of those rich doctors yet," she teased. "And you, rockstar, need to learn to throw a load in when you drop your pants." She sighed dramatically. "But considering I'm usually on the receiving end of that focused energy, I'm not going to bitch."
"I know you wouldn't mind me being naked the entire time, but baby if I do the laundry the jeans won't be alive to tell the tale after. Trust me." He glanced up, as he pulled his tee-shirt over his head, "You could be one of those doctors, I'll hire a maid if you like."
"Very funny, Mr. Jon Bon Freaaaakin' Jovi, but I'll do my own." She wrinkled her nose. "Yeah, we'll stop at a small shop I know. Maybe, just maybe you won't be accosted."
He glanced around the room, then grinned as he found the cap and shades he'd had on the night he'd arrived. Standing he moved over to the cap and quickly tucked his hair under the cap as he jammed it on his head. Slipping on the shades, he smirked, "Incognito all the way Dr. Kate."
She laced her fingers in his and dragged him out the door. "I like knowing I'm the only one in the room that knows who you are sometimes. Like I won the Pick 10 and no one even knows it."
He shook his head as she pulled him outside. He was the lucky one, he knew that, he'd won the freaking jackpot the day she'd finally let him in. "Well if you won the pick 10 baby, I won the fuckin’ jackpot."
She just shook her head and got in, reaching over to unlock his door. "You're such a goof," she said when he got into the car. At his slight grunt she actually chuckled. "It will be okay Jon. You'll see."
His head tilted as he studied her for a moment, a smile slowly working its way onto his lips. "I believe you Kate."
And oddly enough he really did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank You! Thank You Thank You! I love this story and glad you finally came back with it. I never gave up Honey!
So happy to have this one back. More please!
Post a Comment