Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chapter 137

Chapter 137

Slender legs crossed as dark brown eyes took in the roly poly man in front of her. God damn his soul to hell why wouldn't he listen? She'd talked for thirty minutes straight, explaining what Kate had said, how the stress wasn't good for them, how constant touring could run them down, only to have Doc laugh in her face.

 
At least Richie backed her up. Even frustrated with her and Kate and their mothering, he was backing her up, agreeing with her, and so she pushed harder, wanting the one man that should care for them to show that caring. Even with all of that he kept changing the subject, trying to get Richie to help get Jon to do yet more interviews, more appearances even on their break.

 
She wanted to scream or better still throw something at his weasley little half bald head. He refused to see it, refused to acknowledge their guys needed the time to breathe and just be guys. God she wanted to mail him to Timbuktu in a box with no air-holes, or better yet sink it at the deepest part of the ocean. He was going to KILL them with his insane need to drive their fame.

 

Standing suddenly she nearly bared her teeth at the portly man. Glancing at Richie her anger settled slightly, a sad smile echoing into her eyes. "I'm gonna go check on Kate. I better before I do something drastic."

 
Leaning in she pressed a quick kiss to her husband’s cheek then whirled and moved to the door. As she opened it she looked back at Doc, her voice a barely there murmur. "Ya know, they have the charisma and talent, working them to death won’t change that. They're gonna be the biggest thing ever, you don’t gotta fucking KILL them to do it. But I tell ya one thing Doc, you hurt my guy? I’m gonna see to it that YOU end up hurting." Moving through the doorway she slammed the door and headed off to find Kate.

 
She moved down the hall her eyes blazing with the unresolved anger that had the color in her cheeks high. Angling for the main room the band was in she stopped a moment as she caught a flash of sparkle zipping around the corner. Forcing back a slight shiver she opened the door and stepped through, her brown eyes glittering. "I wanna fucking KILL that damned Man, I swear I do."

Kate swung her heeled foot, smoothly crossing her legs. "Husband or...?"

"Or." Elena plopped down onto the couch beside her friend. "Doc is gonna be the death of us all. He won't listen. He's stuck on fucking stupid or hell just stupid. I TRIED Kate, I tried to get him to set time for physicals, to not push them and you know what he did?" She twisted, not even giving her time to reply. "HE tried to get Richie to help get Jon do more!" Slender fingers arrowed through hair as she grumbled, "He won’t fuckin' listen to him when he has a need, but ohhh go get Richie to talk Jon into shit. Come on Kate, tell me an easy way to get rid of that fat piece of shit."

"Well, if you handle a syringe just right...an air bubble could take him out," Kate said matter of factly. At Elena's calculating look, she grabbed her arm. "I'm kidding." Sort of. It really would work and with his blood/alcohol rating and heart issues...Kate shook her head. "Syringes are hard to get," she teased.

She leaned back and huffed, "Well fuck that takes care of that. HEY can we mail him to Timbuktu? I'll help shove him into that hole-less box Jon swears he has with my name on it."

Kate tugged at the spaghetti straps of the lacy black top she'd put on to kill Jon with. Too bad he'd have to see it from the stage. She sighed. "Well, I bet that box is way too small for that little troll." She smiled. "I bet if you taped two boxes together, just maybe."

"God it might take three at that." She closed her eyes and tried to force the anger back. She didn't want it ruining her night, especially since she'd be front row again. Best part of it all was gonna be watching Richie's reactions through the night, especially when her peasant blouse went off the shoulder. She'd left them up all with the plan of pulling them lower once she was in the audience.

Kate laughed. "I hear we're on David's side this time. You sure you can be away from Richie?"

Her eyes went wide, "You're kidding me?" Well that's gonna blow my plan to tease Richie right outta the water. "Who told you that?"

"David came in with my laminate and said we were on his side tonight." She lifted the tag on her chest. "Jesus, could my name get any bigger on this damn thing?" She said and dropped it. "Katy even," she rolled her eyes.

She laughed at the size of the letters. She unfurled the laminate cord from her hand and lifted it, Richie's huge scrawl shining on the laminate as the word "LAINS" shone in script as large as Kate’s. "Shit you'd think they want everyone to know its us."

"Kinda like they branded us." They both gave a snort of disgust. "Well, I don't care. I'm going to enjoy this show and we are outta here tomorrow morning. I'm stealing Jon away with no forwarding address. I'll leave you the number, but someone has to be dead." Kate squeezed her arm. "Seriously like dead. He needs rest and I'm going to give it to him. In between orgasms," she said with a sly smile.

Eyes rolled as she snorted. "So no rest of the most restful kind. Gotcha girl." She marveled at Kate's revelation. Kate was taking two weeks off? She was taking TWO WEEKS OFF? She hardly EVER takes time off. That more than anything was illuminating. Kate was in love, even if she refused to admit to it. "So two weeks off huh?"

Kate crossed her arms, noticed the instant swell of breasts and dropped them to her side. Okay, so the shirt was a little...low. Shoot. "It's kind of ideal for both of us. I have to pick my specialty and life is going to get super hectic. If we take these two weeks off...well, it's probably the last that we'll really get time with each other except for a random day here or there." She sighed. "I didn't know how much I needed it until I'd said it earlier today."

She leaned into Kate and smiled. "I do understand Katydid. Hell two weeks with just Richie? It will be like a honeymoon all over again. Feels kinda good to have someone like that too, ya know?"

"Yeah, it does." She lifted a finger at her, tapping against her chest. "If you tell anyone that I'll deny it six ways to Sunday."

She lifted her finger and laughed as they twisted into their sisterhood tangle of fingers and pinkies. "Secret we'll take to the grave."

"Just don't put Doc in there with me, kay?"

Elena shivered. "I promise."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, kate.... you got it bad girl!!!!

Thank you for Stopping By

  © Blogger template Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP