Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chapter 26

"Katydid, lemme in babes. Ya know you want to,” she leaned on the door, knocking incessantly. “Just open the door or I'll send Moptop over."

Kate opened the door, weaved a bit then stabilized herself with the porcelain sink. "God you're mean," she said. "At least grab my purse before you come in here." She shut the door in her face.

Elena wiggled her fingers at the guys, snatched the bag and returned to the door. "Got it, lemme in."

She unlatched the lock, closing the lid on oh…roughly a quarter pint of tequila and pushed down the flusher. Flipping down the oddly fuzzy purple seat cover she put her head between her legs. "I can't believe I did that!"

Elena leaned back against the closed door, "Well if that bottle was full when ya started…” she trailed off with a wince. “I can soooo believe it."

"No! Though, the throwing up thing was not fun," she said dismissively. "I'm talking about Jon. I can't believe I slept with him.” She peered through a frizzy curl. God, she must look like a hag. “He's so not my type and I didn't—hell, still don't like him. He's an ass.” Confusion and disgust rolled around until she thought she might have to put her face back in that damn toilet. “How could I have gotten naked with him?"

Elena bit her lip and forced herself to remain blank faced. Her friend needed to loosen up and a little crazy moment with a rockstar was just what she needed. "Oh, I don’t know, like anyone? You pull off the shirt, pants and then if you’re lucky…a bit of skin…"

"Oh just shut up! Just—“ she huffed out a breath and grabbed her bag from Elena. She dug inside and found her travel toothbrush. She squirted a healthy dollop of Ultra Brite on her brush and scrubbed away the death lurking in her mouth. After she rinsed she felt slightly more human. Turning away from the…yup, definitely hag status she was sporting, she faced her friend. "I haven't had sex in nearly two years and the first time I have it, it's with a complete stranger!" She snatched a small towel off the rack and wet it, scrubbing at the make-up under her eyes. Pausing, she groaned when the mascara just smudged more. "God, Lain...I'm such an ass. I don't even remember it!"

Elena struggled internally; she never figured Kate to be this busted up over a bit of sex. "Ah honey, it’s not the sex that’s got you spinning and you know it. You thought he was cute, you can admit it to me. So what's the real deal, huh?"

"I don't remember is the real deal, I blacked out, Lain!" She put her head in her hands. “I don’t deal well with the whole time travel thing, you know that! How’d I lose that many hours? I’m not that girl.”

Elena's eyes widened, "Kate you aren’t your dad.” Well shoot, she hadn’t thought of that one. Gently, she rubbed her back. “It was a onetime thing, don't get all caught up about it ok?"

"Easy for you to say, you didn't sleep with a—“ she sucked in a horrified gasp. "Oh God, I don't think I saw a condom wrapper out there."

Elena's mind screeched to a halt at Kate’s words. Good Lord, she hadn’t really thought about that one herself. Right now she had to comfort her friend, it wasn't time for her drama. "Well maybe he tossed it in the trash, girl."

Willing to leap on that she nodded. "Sure, that's right. That's what he did." She gave up a bubble of hysterical laughter. "He's used to sleeping with strangers. He's probably old hat about protection." God, she hoped he was. She was a doctor for fuck’s sake! She knew better!

Elena winced at that but gave Kate a smile. "Exactly, Katydid. Exactly."

Too preoccupied to see her friend's worry she splashed cold water on her face and gave another groan. Makeup was still smeared across her eyes and under them and her hair...Shit. She dug back into her bag and found her travel sized Noxema.. "Want?" she said and held out the small pot to Elena.

Elena grinned. "Umm nope, had a shower earlier girl, but thanks for the offer."

She glanced at her friend. Sure enough she was scrubbed clean. Kate, however, looked like she'd spent two quarters of the Superbowl as Phil Sims' football. She twisted her hair up into a disheveled top-knot and jammed all her stuff back in her bag. "Alright, let's go back in and get this over with."

Elena grinned. "Sure thing, girl." her mind already back in the kitchen and that dark haired piece of heaven waiting for her.


~



Rich set up his pans and set bacon to frying as he juggled eggs, milk and juice. "What were you thinking, man? She doesn't even like you. How in the hell did you get her naked?"

"I’m just that good bro." Jon grinned hugely. "Ya know the girls like what Jonny has to offer."

Richie slid him a sideways glance. That told him more than anything, that he didn't remember jack. Jon only boasted when he was clueless. "Uh huh, you are da man," he said with enough sarcasm to even dent his hardhead.

Jon's brow arched. "Look who’s talking.” He leaned back in his chair, his fingers clasped at the back of his head. “What’s gotten into you? NEVER saw you so whipped by a piece of ass man."

He tapped the side of the spoon against the pan a little too hard, egg and butter splattered across the cook-top. "Watch yourself, Asshole. She's a nice girl."

"Whoa Dude, a bit protective over Teensy huh? Must’ve been a good lay." Jon grinned as he suddenly remembered what Elena had on, "Good enough to warrant your favorite shirt even."

Richie stirred the scrambled eggs slowly as to stop himself from beating him with the spoon. He forced himself to fold the eggs gently when all he wanted to do was clock him with the pan. So what if he'd let her wear Lennon? "What can I say, she looks good in my shirt," he said simply. And rocked my world.

Jon shook his head wondering when nice girls fucked so rabidly on a first date. But by the look on his friends face and the way he was holding that spoon he kept THAT thought to himself for the moment. "So tell me was she worth it? And God tell me you protected yourself."

Richie's head swung to meet his gaze so quickly that he nearly gave himself vertigo. "I-" he swallowed. "Fuck," he said and banged the frying pan onto the back burner and turned the heat to low. "I want to say that I did, but shit." He rubbed his hand over the center of his chest. "Shit," he said darkly.

"Damn, Man!” Cracking his knuckles he stretched his arms up and out. “You know better, Rich. First rule…you protect yourself against nice girls," although by his inflection the word GROUPIE should have been in neon. "How many times did you forget, Shithead?"

"I-" and again he went silent. Well fuck. How many times had they…well, fucked? He ticked it off in his head and groaned. She could be well and truly pregnant with the flood of little guys he'd given her. If she was..."Jesus," he whispered. He wanted kids, but...now? Now wasn't the right time for that.

Jon watched the play of emotions over his friends face run from horror to satisfaction and everything in between. "She must’ve been damn good to make you, of all people, forget."

"Can we stop talking about her like she's a thing? She's cool and she was,” he paused. She’d been a pocket full of excitement. “More than entertaining when it came to any and all things naked, okay?"

Jon crossed his arms and smirked. "Clamming up on me, asshole? You normally love to tell me all the parts and pieces and positions from your little nightly flings."

He dragged the pan back to the active burner. "Yeah well, not this time." He could see Elena's tiny little body writhing underneath his and decided some things a best friend didn't need to know.

Jon's teeth clicked together. "Well, well, well isn't that just cute. Asshole don't wanna share the details, huh? Let's her wear his favorite shirt, hmmmm. If I didn’t know you better, Richie I’d swear you were getting hung up on her.” Watching his face harden he pushed on. “Richie and Teensy sitting in a tree, B O I N K I N G.” At his clenched fist he laughed. “Dude, you've known her ONE night!"

Richie lifted him out of the chair and shoved his forearm underneath his chin, backing him into the wall until he was on his toes. "I don't know where your manners have gone to shithead, but you don't talk about women like that especially when they're still in your fucking house!"

Jon swallowed hard, "Sorry Rich.” He held up his hands in surrender. “I’ve just never seen you so caught up in a chick before.” He pushed at the immovable force that was Richie on a temper and lifted his chin. “Let me down, man."

He stepped back and let Jon stand flat again. "You've been crossing the line more and more, Jonny. Be careful."


2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

Every chapter just gets better. Love Richie in this story and I really can imagine Jonny at this stage of his life - "a buffet every night". Sure hope Jon gets his sh*t together and realizes that Kate could be "the one". I think Richie already realizes Elena isn't a one-night stand, no matter how it started out.

But Jonny needs taken down a peg or two and Kate might just be the one to do it.

Love this story!

Anonymous said...

You guys are killing me. I feel like I'm in a time machine going back in time. I bet Jon was soo like this back in the day! Hope new chapters come up soon!

Thank you for Stopping By

  © Blogger template Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP